Welcome to the Chasco Fiesta Hunger Walk for Pasco County Site!
Why We Walk
The Hunger Walk is a collaborative effort to promote hunger awareness and to raise funds for hunger relief for children and seniors citizens living in Pasco County.
By participating in the Hunger Walk you will help raise funds that will provide healthy meals for many children and senior citizen that are going hungry. You will also enjoy a fun, family festival atmosphere that includes activities, games, and entertainment.
- In Pasco County, more than 36,000 kids live in households that struggle to put food on the table.
- Thousands of children do not
have food to eat on the weekends.
- Programs like Pack-a-Sack 4 Kids provide food for children on the
weekends but not every school has a Pack-a-Sack program.
- In Pasco County, nearly 15,000 senior citizens are eligible for food stamps but only 2,100 are receiving food stamps.
- Pasco County Elderly Nutrition feeds 800 senior citizens a day, 5 days a week but their financial funding have been cut.
- There are currently over 200 home-bound senior citizens on the waiting list for one hot meal a day.
Pasco County Elderly Nutrition Reviews:
Ms. Mary Lee: "I’ve been receiving Meals on Wheels since 2000, these meals are a great help. They provide me with a balanced meal and I depend on them for survival. I would not know what to do If I didn’t have them."
Anne Cavanaugh: "The meal program has kept me alive. I used to go to bed hungry, but now the meals have helped me sleep better."
Sanford Taylor: "I am totally disabled and I have difficulty preparing a meal. I don’t know what I would do without these meals. I have gained some weight and my life has changed for the good."